What Is Amebiasis?
Amebiasis is a parasitic disease of the intestines caused by the protozoan Entamoeba histolytica, or E. histolytica. The symptoms of amebiasis include abdominal cramping, loose stool, and stomach pain. However, most people with amebiasis won’t get significant symptoms.
What Causes Amebiasis?
- Amebiasis can be caused by eating food or water which has come in contact with the stool of a human who has been infected with E. histolytica.
- Eating something which has been contaminated with E. histolytica can also cause Amebiasis.
- Touching and Eating eggs or cysts, which are present on the surfaces contaminated with Entamoeba histolytica.
- Amebiasis is contagious. Chances of the infection spreading from human to human is high if hygiene is poor and living conditions are unclean.
- Transmission of amebiasis can occur by taking fecal contaminated food or water or it can also spread from person to person contact like unsafe sexual practices or when changing diapers of a baby infected with amebiasis.
What are the first signs of Amoeba?
The majority public with a particular infection do not notice any symptoms at all. In case they occur, They might be the following :
- Mild symptoms: considerable weight loss, tenesmus, excessive gas, fatigue, diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
- Severe symptoms: Vomiting, fever, bloody stools, liquid stools with blood streaks and abdominal tenderness.
How long does it take to cure Amoebiasis?
Amebiasis generally responds well to medication and should clear up in about two weeks. If you have a serious case where the parasite shows up in your internal tissues or organs, your outlook is still good as long as you get proper medical treatment. If amebiasis is left untreated, however, it can be deadly.
15 Natural Tips For Amebiasis Home Treatment
1. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Coconut
Coconut has an anti-microbial and anti-parasitic action. It prevents the parasites that are the cause of Amoebiasis. Further, it enhances the immune system. Coconut is also rich in potassium and replaces the level of mineral in the body, which reduces diarrhea and vomiting. To check and lower the disease symptoms, drink 2 to 3 glasses of coconut water each day. The fluid intake will also stop diarrhea.
2. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Oregano Herb.
Oregano has been part of local medicine for ages. Oregano oil stops the spread of the parasites, by damaging their cell membranes, and by trigger lysis in their cell walls.
To treat the symptoms of Amoebiasis, mix three drops of the oregano essential oil, and the juice of one lemon, in one glass of clean water. Drink the remedial drink Three times every day, until you get an ample amount of relief.
3. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made from fermented apples. Fermented apples have pectin. Pectin can help support the growth of good bacteria in the gut, which is needed for healthy digestion. It may also bulk up stool and reduce intestinal inflammation.
- 1st, add 1-2 tbsp. of uncooked apple cider vinegar to one cup of heat water.
- Then, add a bit of lemon juice and uncooked honey into this cup and blend them well.
- Lastly, drink it 2 instances every day to fight an infection and keep a superb well being.
4. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Cloves
The aromatic flower buds, cloves, are widely available and are a good home remedy for Amoebiasis. The spice has antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-parasitic action.
To stop the growth of the parasites inside the colon, chew one or two cloves a day, until the symptoms are over. Don’t forget, that the clove bud has a substance by the name Eugenol, That is toxic. Hence its intake should be nominal.
5. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Pumpkin
Eating of pumpkin can heal the adverse health effects, including diarrhea and constipation. The squash vegetable has a high fiber content. And can fixed digestive health. Pumpkin seeds help the intestinal parasites that are the origin of Amoebiasis.
To heal the intestines affected by the infection, chew one spoon of pumpkin seeds every morning, on an empty stomach, until the symptoms are fixed. You can also consume other pumpkin dishes and recipes, including the pumpkin soup, and the roasted pumpkin, to get the benefits.
6. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Garlic
The active ingredient found in Garlic, Allicin, acts as an anti-parasitic agent and prevents the infection caused by E.Histolytica to spread further. The consumption of garlic also build-up the immune system of the body. In order to fix the health conditions Amoebiasis eats three raw garlic cloves in the morning for a few weeks. If you prefer to take the garlic supplements, ask your doctor before doing so.
7. Remedy For Amoebiasis – Neem or Indian Lilac
Neem has the anti-microbial and anti-parasite substances, by the name nimbin, nimbidin, and nimbinin. Hence, the leaf extracts are quite good in offering relief to the colon and intestine affected by infections, including Amoebiasis. To treat the symptoms, chew 6 or 7 Indian Lilac leaves on an empty stomach, in the morning. Follow the remedy for a few weeks. Alternatively, you can also make a decoction by boiling a handful of Neem leaves in water. Drink the mixture after cooling and straining it. Follow the remedy once a day, until the symptoms are over.